The campaign - USA is Working! - will leverage the media interest in the economy, unemployment, skill development and use of ARRA funding in an effort to garner support for the public workforce system. USA is Working! will focus on stories that describe the strategic focus of WIBs and the impact of the 2,800 One Stops that served 30 million people last year.
A campaign website (http://www.usaisworking/) will be launched in a few months that will have several key components:
1. CBS will produce a 60 second vignette explaining the role and value of WIBs and the video will be made available for us all to use.
2. The website will serve as a clearinghouse for success stories from around the country to demonstrate the impact of our system and help influence national policy.
3. The site will house Podcast interviews from Board Chairs from around the country.
4. The website will also contain an intranet accessible to WIBs with a media tool kit and online technical assistance to help insure consistent messaging and increase expertise in storytelling.
5. Links will be provided for job seekers/business/youth to local workforce resources including WIBs and One Stops.
6. A sponsorship section - not much detail available on this yet.
This promises to be a great campaign and Worksystems will definitely be participating. I encourage all of you to join in as well. Stay tuned for more information from NAWB on this effort!