DOL is looking at 3 categories of occupations:
1. Green Growth Occupations - Existing occupations expected to increase in demand due to the addition of greener processes. Some new skills are expected to be needed.
2. Green Enhanced Occupations - Existing occupations that will experience significant change in work and worker skill requirements.
3. Green New & Emerging Occupations - Unique new work and worker skill requirements. Will result in new occupations.
According to DOL, all of these occupations will exist in 12 industry sectors:
- Research Design & Consulting
- Renewable Energy Generation
- Green Construction
- Environmental Protection
- Government & Regulatory Administration
- Energy Efficiency
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Recycling & Waste Reduction
- Energy Trading
- Energy Carbon Capture
So, unfortunately the conference has not given us the magic answer yet but we do seem to be getting closer!